Renting in Brighton
Find your Brighton & Hove Property
Renting in Brighton is made simple through Q Estate Agents. Once you have found your ideal Brighton property, we will require you to put down a minimum holding deposit of £200.00 per tenant (£300.00 for a single tenant taking a property) which covers your agency fee payment. These agency fees become due and are payable on the day of reserving a property and signing the holding agreement.
You will then need to be referenced by our out of house referencing agency. All tenants must meet the following criteria to pass:
- Earn 2.5 times their share of the rent.
- Have a clean credit history.
- Provide photo ID in the form of a Passport
- Have positive references from previous landlords
If one of these criteria is not met the tenant may provide a guarantor who will be referenced in the same manner (with the exception that they will be required to have an income of at least 3 times the rent). However if no guarantor can be provided the tenant will be deemed unacceptable.
Once all tenants and guarantors have passed referencing you will need to pay the following by bank transfer to our client account (Natwest/Q Client Account/11524626/601030):
(All charges are inclusive of VAT)
- One month’s rent on the day you move in (less the holding fee paid when reserving the property)
- A minimum of 6 weeks rent as a deposit
- £90 per person for referencing and credit check
- £110 for administration charge (includes overseeing paperwork, liaising with tenants and guarantors, tenancy set up and Tenancy Deposit Scheme registration/contribution towards schedule of condition and contribution to Check out Report)
Mid Tenancy Fees and Charges that may be applicable:
- Renewal Fee (no change of tenants) £48 per tenant
- Renewal Fee with a change of tenants £96 per tenant
- Mid-tenancy change of tenant (added as a charge from the outgoing tenant’s deposit) £180
- Incorrect payment charge £6
- If a letter or visit to the property is required as a result of the tenant breaking a clause in the Tenancy Agreement there will be a £24 charge per letter or visit.
Our agency is a member of the Nfopp Client Money Protection Scheme and a member of the Property Ombudsman redress scheme.
Pop in and see us
We are extremely proud of our comfy, eye catching and well positioned office. We have strived to create an environment where our customers can relax, enjoy a cup of coffee and chat about their moving plans. If you have any questions about any aspect of the letting or renting process please feel free to pop in and talk it through with one of our team.