Landlord Services Details
One off fee of 1.8 weeks rent (a minimum charge of £510)
Ideal for landlords who are able to care of all matters of management, but are unable to find themselves a tenant or need guidance setting up their tenancy.
- Advise on regulations that may affect you and the rental of your property.
• Advertise on the Q Estate Agents website and Rightmove property portal and in our eye-catching office on Lewes Road.
• Supply and erect a TO LET board if requested.
• Arrange and accompany all viewings by appointment.
• Take a holding fee when prospective tenants reserve the property.
• Confirm all tenants’ right to rent.
• Out of house professional referencing (inc. credit check) by HomeLet.
• Preparation of our Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement to be signed by the tenants and the agent on behalf of the landlord.
• Collect the damage deposit and first month’s rent on the move in date and transfer to your chosen account.
• Supply financial move in statement for your records.
• Provide tenants with your contact details and the details of your chosen account for rent payments.
• Provide you with the tenancy agreement and tenancy paperwork signed by the tenants.
• Supply you with your new tenants contact details and the tenancy paperwork.
• Provide your tenants with the EPC, Guide to Renting in England and Gas Safety Certificate.
• Read utility meters on move-in (only carried out with the instruction of a schedule of conditions).
All Landlords using this service should be aware of their responsibility to provide safe accommodation and the various legislation surrounding this. With this service it is the landlords responsibility to register the deposit with their chosen deposit scheme and follow that specific deposit scheme’s guidance as to what information needs to be provided to the tenants.
7.2% of the monthly rent
A service for landlords who do not wish to be involved in the collection of rent but have the time and are able to deal with the tenants problems and maintenance issues.
In addition to the Tenant Introduction services the Rent Collection service includes:
- Collect rent and transfer to the landlord providing a monthly rental statement by e mail.
- Chase any unpaid monies owed to the landlord where necessary.
- Read utility meters on move-in and final meter readings on vacation (only carried out with the instruction of a schedule of conditions)
- Hold deposit as stakeholders in conjunction the ‘The Dispute Service LTD’.
- Oversee and negotiate tenancy renewals between the landlord and the tenant
- To supply all tenancy paperwork to you so that you may complete a deposit dispute application form through TDS.
- Serve all legal notices, when required, to your tenant.
10.8% of the monthly rent
A service that entrusts all levels of management to Q Estate Agents and is a service suited to landlords who do not have enough spare time to oversee a tenancy at their property. This service includes all aspects of Tenant Introduction and Rent Collection, but in addition Q Estate Agents will:
- Check reported maintenance to ascertain what action, if any, is required before sending out contractors.
- Organise any necessary maintenance and repairs with approved contractors.
- Supply your tenant with out of hours emergency maintenance contacts.
Carry out emergency works on the property without prior consent in order to mitigate damage to the property or if deemed a security or health risk to the tenant or the general public.
- Inspect the property every three months and provide a written report to the landlord by email where necessary.
To deal with any complaints or queries from the tenant and or neighbours to the property.
- To deal with any deposit disputes should they arise and if necessary, work in conjunction with the ‘The Dispute Service LTD’ to try and resolve these disputes.
- Register your tenancy with and supply your tenants with a certificate
- Complete TDS paperwork and supply all tenancy paperwork to the ICE
- Distribute the deposit to the relevant parties once agreement has been reached.
12% of the monthly rent
This service is for Landlords who wish to protect their rental income we can purchase a Rent Recovery Plus product via HomeLet and note you as having an “interest in “ this policy. Having an interest in this policy means that you may be able to benefit should a successful claim be made.
A service suited to landlords who are looking for extra peace of mind on their investment. By choosing this service you would be covered for:
- Eviction of Tenants for non-payment of rent
- Eviction of unauthorised occupants
- Eviction of tenants following an expired section 21 notice
- Eviction of a tenant following a claim for possession in accordance with section 2 of The Housing Act 1996
- Legal Expenses limit of up to £50,000
- Up to a maximum of 5 month’s rent payments from the date of the first arrears
- Can also pay 2 months at 50% of the rent payable once vacant possession has been obtained and the property is being re-advertised
Extra Charges for our Rent Collection, Full Management and Premium Management:
All charges are inclusive of VAT charged at 20%
- Right to rent checks £12 per tenant
- Letting Fee (inc. Tenancy Agreement, Pre Tenancy Alarm Testing and Check In) £90
- Schedule of conditions (Inventory) A minimum of £66
- Check Out of Property and production of Check Out Report A minimum of £90
- Tenancy Renewal Fee £54
- Annual Safety Certificate’s Arrangement Fee £6 (annual charge per property)
- PAT Test A minimum of £35 (individual appliances charged at £3 each)
- Gas Safety £72
- Electrical Safety Report £100
- EPC £72
- Electrical Appliances Safety File for the Property £60
- Legionella Risk Assessment £30 – £54 depending on the heating system type
- Additional management charge for improvement works to a property over £500 10% of invoice
- Staff visits to property (additional to standard service) £24 per hour
- Completion of the council’s Property Licensing Application Forms such as an HMO License £100 per property
- Extra work carried out from sale of property (through other agent) £36 per hour
- Overseeing Deposit Dispute with Tenancy Deposit Service £60
- Court appearance by member of staff £36 per hour
- Photography FREE
- Floorplan FREE
- Virtual Reality Tour £120
All maintenance is charged at the rate of the maintenance company. We DO NOT add a charge on top for maintenance carried out on your behalf. Our agency is a member of the NAEA Client Money Protection Scheme and a member of the Property Ombudsman redress scheme.
If you have any questions about any of these services or wish to arrange market appraisal, please get in touch and one of our team will be happy to help.
(All of our charges above are inclusive of VAT)